Green Bean Casserole
- 1/3 Stick Butter
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onions
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- 2 Cups Sliced Green Beans
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Can (10.75 oz) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Can (2.8 oz) French-Fried Onion Rings
- Pinch of House Seasoning (Recipe Follows)
- 1 Cup Grated Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 30 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter. Boil green beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes and drain. Add the green beans, mushroom soup, onion rings, and House Seasoning, to taste, to the onion mixture. Stir well. Pour into a greased 1.5 quart baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, then top the casserole with the Cheddar and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
- 1 Cup Salt
- 1/4 Cup Garlic Powder
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Paula Deen (2013)