Bourbon Cocktail Meatballs
"This is a go to winner. It is just an easy and great appetizer." -Mindy
- 1 lb Frozen Meatballs (Trader Joe’s Party Meatball Are a Good Choice)
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar*
- ½ Cup Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
- In a medium saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the meatballs. Mix until well combined.
- Place frozen meatballs in the sauce and combine. Let cook on medium heat until slightly bubbly. Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least one hour. Serve with toothpicks or small cocktail forks.
- I often will reduce the amount of brown sugar to 2/3 cup
Tina Early (2015)