- 1 Chicken, Cooked, Meat Removed and Chopped into Small Chunks
- 1 Onion - Chopped Finely
- 4 Tbs Butter
- 1 Large 7-oz Can Chopped Green Chiles ( or 2 Small 4-oz Cans)
- 1 8-oz Pckg of Cream Cheese - Cubed
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 10-12 Pckg Flour Tortillas
- 8-oz Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Pint Whipping Cream (or Half-&-Half)
- Sauté butter and onion until onions are clear and tender. Add chopped green chiles, diced chicken and cream cheese. Allow the cream cheese to melt over low heat. Add chicken broth. Bring to a low simmer.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture. Place enchiladas in dish (approx. 7x11”). Top with shredded Monterey jack cheese. When ready to bake, pour whipping cream (or half- &-half) over all. Bake at 300° for 1 hour or until bubbly.
Sara Wood (1999)