Bloody Mary Gazpacho
- 4 to 6 Ripe Medium Tomatoes
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 1 Yellow/Orange/Green Bell Pepper - Seeded & Finely Chopped
- 4 Scallions - Thinly Sliced
- 1 Jalapeno - Minced
- 4 Cups Tomato Juice
- 1 Can Chicken Broth
- 1/4 up to 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar (or Sherry Vinegar, Golden Balsamic Vinegar)
- 2-4 Tbs Fresh Lemon or Lime Juice
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic - Finely Minced or Pressed
- Tabasco Sauce
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- Core & halve the tomatoes; squeeze out seeds. Finely dice.
- Peel the cucumber, scrape out the seeds and finely dice
- In large bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onions, jalapeno, tomato juice, broth, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic. Season to taste with Tobasco and salt and pepper.
- Chill thoroughly for 4 hours or overnight.
- For less of a kick, seed and remove ribs of jalapeno. You can also use a mini-Cuisinart to dice the combined
Yield: 12 cups