Taco Pronto Soup
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey Breast 99/1 (or 97/3 Lean Ground Meat or a Mix of Both)
- 1 Large Onion - Diced
- 1/4 Cup Water (If Needed)
- 1 15-oz Can Low Sodium Whole Kernel Corn - Not Drained
- 2 14.5-oz Cans Chopped Tomatoes - Not Drained (Any Type)
- 1 14.5-oz Can Yellow Hominy - Not Drained
- 1 15-oz Can Low Sodium Pinto Beans - Not Drained
- 1 Package Reduced Sodium Dry Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 Package Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro - Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Light Sour Cream (Optional as Garnish)
Spray large skillet with non-stick spray. Brown turkey in skillet until done. Set turkey skillet aside. Spray soup pot with non-stick spray. Saute onion until transparent. If onion begins to burn, add water and continue cooking until done. Add cooked meat and all remaining ingredients. Simmer 15-20 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Garnish each cup with a small dollop of light sour cream (optional).
Variations & Additions
- Add 4-oz canned chopped green chilies. Try adding one more can of tomatoes and/or delete the meat and add one more can of beans. Add diced bell peppers for added nutrition value and color.
- Low Sodium Method: Drain and rinse all canned vegetables and beans. Replace liquid with no-salt added V8 juice. Use only half of the dry mixes due to their high sodium content.