Lemon Butter Chicken
Easy crisp-tender chicken with the creamiest lemon butter sauce ever - you'll want to forget the chicken and drink the sauce instead
- 8 Bone-in, Skin-on Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper - To Taste
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter - Divided
- 3 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach - Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken thighs with paprika, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; drain excess fat and set aside.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan, lemon juice and thyme.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, stir in spinach, and simmer until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.