Roasted Carrots & Parsnips
- 2 Pounds Parsnips - Peeled
- 1 Pound Carrots - Unpeeled
- 3 Tbs Good Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Kosher Salt
- 1-1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbs Minced Fresh Dill or Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- If the parsnips and carrots are very thick, cut them in half lengthwise. Slice each diagonally in 1-inch-thick slices. The vegetables will shrink while cooking, so don't make the pieces too small. Place the cut vegetables on a sheet pan. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss well. Roast for 20 to 40 minutes*, depending on the size of the vegetables, tossing occasionally, until the parsnips and carrots are just tender. Sprinkle with dill and serve hot.
Dianne Miller prepares 3 lbs of carrots and roasts them for 45 minutes , turning them halfway through.