Curried Baked Cauliflower
This recipe is quite a surprise and goes well with Beef, ham,or even omelets
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 10-oz. Can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 4-oz. Package Shredded Cheddar Cheese (1 Cup)
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Dried Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbs Melted Butter
- About 1 hour before serving: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Break cauliflower into florets. In covered, large saucepan over medium low heat, in 1 inch boiling water, cook cauliflower with salt, ten minutes;drain well.
- Meanwhile in 2 quart casserole, stir together undiluted soup, cheese, mayonnaise, add curry powder; add cauliflower; mix well. Toss bread crumbs in melted butter and sprinkle on top.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until casserole is hot and bubbly. Makes 8-10 servings.
- To freeze and serve up to one month later:
- Prepare steps 1 and 2; freeze. To serve, thaw overnight in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake dish uncovered 40 minutes or until bubbly.
Connie Power (2005)