- Pastry for Two-Crust Pie
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 6 Cups Sliced Peaches (6-8 Medium)
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs Butter
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Make pastry. (Hint: I use Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts)
- Mix sugar, flour and cinnamon in large bowl. Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Turn into pastry-lined pie plate. Cut butter into small pieces; sprinkle over peaches. Cover with top pastry that has slits cut in it; seal and flute. Cover edge with 2- to 3" strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Cool in pie on wire rack.
- Apricot Pie: Substitute 6 cups fresh apricot halves for the peaches.
- Quick Peach Pie: Substitute 6 cups frozen sliced peaches, partially thawed and drained, for the fresh peaches.
Betty Crocker's New Cookbook