Grilled Whole Onions
- 12 Boiling Onions - Peeled
- 1/4 Cup Butter - Melted
- 1 Tbs Minced Fresh Chives
- Heaping 1/8 Tsp Seasoned salt
- Cook onions in boiling water to cover 5 minutes; drain and set aside. Put onions on skewers when cool enough to handle.
- Combine butter, chives, and seasoned salt, stirring well. Place kabobs on grill over medium coals; grill 10 minutes, turning and basting with butter mixture every 2 minutes.
Easy Tip for Peeling Onions. Drop whole onions in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove and place in cold water. Cut root end off, then gently squeeze the opposite end, and the onion will pop out unblemished, skinned and ready to use!