Chocolate Praline Layer Cake
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine
- 1/4 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar - Firmly Packed
- 3/4 Cup Coarsely Chopped Pecans
- 1 18.25-oz Pckg Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 3/4 Cups Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla
- 16 Whole Pecans (If Desired)
- 16 Chocolate Curls (If Desired)
- Heat oven to 325°F. In small heavy saucepan, combine butter, 1/4 cup whipping cream and brown sugar. Cook over low heat just until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Pour into two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans; sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans.
- Prepare cake as directed, using water, oil, and eggs. Carefully spoon batter over pecan mixture.
- Bake at 325°F. for 35 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- In small bowl, beat 1 3/4 cups whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble cake, place 1 layer on serving plate, praline side up. Spread with half of whipped cream. Top with second layer, praline side up; spread top with remaining whipped cream. Garnish with whole pecans and chocolate curls. Store in refrigerator.