Parmesan Cheese Grits
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Coarse Ground Cornmeal
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Tbs Unsalted Butter
- 4-oz Parmesan Cheese - Shredded
- Place the milk, water, and salt into a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once the milk mixture comes to a boil, gradually add the cornmeal while continually whisking. Once all of the cornmeal has been incorporated, decrease the heat to low and cover. Remove lid and whisk frequently, every 3 to 4 minutes, to prevent grits from sticking or forming lumps; make sure to get into corners of pot when whisking. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is creamy.
- Remove from the heat, add the pepper and butter, and whisk to combine. Once the butter is melted, gradually whisk in the cheese a little at a time.
- Serve immediately.