- 1 Small Lemon
- 1-3/4 Cups Coarsely Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Cup Pitted Kalamata Olives - Halved (12 Olives)
- 2 Tablespoons Drained Capers
- 1 (14.5-ounce) Can Whole Plum Tomatoes - Drained and Coarsely Chopped
- 12 Bone-in Chicken Thighs (About 3 Pounds) - Skinned
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Chopped Fresh Rosemary (Optional)
- Chopped Fresh Parsley (Optional)
- Grate rind and squeeze juice from lemon to measure 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon, respectively. Place lemon rind in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Combine lemon juice, onion, and next 3 ingredients (through tomatoes) in a 5-quart electric slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Place half of chicken in pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Place chicken in slow cooker. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until chicken is done.
- Place chicken thighs on plates. Stir reserved lemon rind into sauce. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with rosemary and parsley, if desired.
Use capers sparingly.