Salmon on the BGE
- Set your Big Green Egg for a raised direct cook.
- Preheat to 350F.
- In the meantime, wash and dry the salmon.
- Season the flesh side with salt and pepper.
- Liberally oil the skin side and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully oil the grate of the Big Green Egg
- Start with skinless side down first.
- After 4 or 5 minutes you will have some nice grill marks
- Flip over, skin side down and cook till finished. Usually another 5 or 7 minutes
- Top with dill butter or fresh dill & butter or your herb of choice or nothing at all
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature is 125¬-130F.
- The salmon should flake along the muscle fibers and be translucent in the center