Grilled Chicken Shawarma
- 2 lbs to 2 ¼ lb Chicken Thighs (Boneless and Skinless, or Skin On)
- 2 Tbs Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbs Ground Coriander
- 8 Cloves Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 6 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne
- 2 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tsp Allspice
- Place all ingredients except chicken in a bowl and mix, or pulse in a food processor to make a paste.
- Rub chicken on all sides with the marinade and let sit 20 minutes (or up to 24 hours refrigerated).
- Grill chicken on a pre-heated BBQ, on medium high heat, closing the lid to the BBQ, until all sides have nice grill marks, about 8 minutes each side. Finish chicken in a 350 F oven until cooked all the way through, about 10 minutes. ( Alternatively you can bake the chicken thighs in a 375 F oven for 30-40 minutes)
- Enjoy the chicken over Israeli salad, or with rice and veggies.
Feasting at Home