Applewood Smoked Meatloaf
- 2 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound ground pork or ground pork sausage
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 1 green pepper - finely chopped
- 3 cloves finely minced garlic
- 3 eggs - beaten
- 1/4 -1/2 cup barbecue sauce, your choice
- 3 teaspoons barbecue rub, your choice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt (cut in half if your bbq rub is salty)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Set your grill up for an INDIRECT cook
- Heat your grill to 275-300 degrees and put on some applewood (or other wood) chunks to get a little smoke rolling
- In a large bowl, crumble the beef and pork and mix together. Add the eggs, barbecue sauce, rub, soy sauce, salt, pepper, onion and green pepper
- Form the mixture into two 1.5 lb loafs
- Sprinkle some more bbq rub on the outside of the formed loafs
- Transfer the meatloaf to your preheated grill and cook until you reach an internal temperature of about 145-150 degrees. This may take ~75 minutes
- Sprinkle a little more bbq rub on and baste with barbecue sauce.
- Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes until you reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Remove from the grill, tent with foil, and rest for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the pan or dish and serve hot!