Chocolate Chip Shortbread
- 1 Cup Butter - Softened (2 Sticks)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1-3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Mini Semi-Sweet Real Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 350°
- Combine butter and sugar in mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour and cornstarch; beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Press into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Prick all over with fork.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. (If browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil.)
- Cool in pan 15 minutes. Cut into bars while still warm.
Serves: 36 Bars