With Basil Butter Sauce
- 6 6-oz Salmon Fillets
- Salt and Pepper
- Dijon Mustard
- Yellow & Black Mustard Seeds
- 2 Tsp Champagne Vinegar
- 2 Tsp White Wine
- 1-2 Shallots - Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 lb. Butter - Room Temperature
- 1/2 oz Basil - Picked and Large Stems Removed
- Lightly salt and pepper the salmon filets. spread a thin layer of mustard on each salmon filet and sprinkle with mixed mustard seeds. reserve chilled while you prepare the sauce.
- Bring wine and vinegar to a boil with the shallots.
- Reduce by two-thirds. remove from heat and slowly whisk in butter. for thicker sauce, add extra butter very slowly.
- Strain mixture into a blender jar. blend with fresh basil, strain again and season to taste. keep sauce in warm placed. do not reheat.
- Heat a pan and place salmon filets, mustard-side down, in 1-2 t. clarified butter. lower heat and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn fish and continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. serve over basil sauce with whipped potatoes.
The Crescent Club