Susan Keyes Roast Chicken
- 1 Large Chicken (3 lb +/- Hard to Find Them This Big!)
- 1 Lemon - Halved
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Orange
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Medium Onion
- 6 Tbs Butter
- Salt for Skin
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Wine or Sherry (Optional)
- Cut off tips of wings and discard. Stuff chicken with garlic, onion and 4 tbsp butter. Salt and pepper skin; squeeze lemon and orange over chicken and stuff peels inside.
- Cook at 475 degrees (yes I know that this is very hot and it is not a mistake)for 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before disturbing.
- Remove to platter. Deglaze pan with stock and wine. Taste for seasoning. Whisk in 2 tbsp butter to make a light sauce for chicken.
- I hope that you enjoy this as much as we do.