Classic Turkey Parmesan
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbs 2% Lowfat Milk or Water
- 1 Cup Italian-Seasoned Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Pckg Turkey Breast Slices
- 2-4 Tbs Olive Oil, As Needed
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Peeled, Halved
- 1-1/2 Cups Prepared Spaghetti Sauce or Spicy Spaghetti Sauce
- 1-1/2 Cups (6 oz) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Chopped Fresh Basil (Optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat together eggs and milk in a shallow pie plate or dish; place bread crumbs in another pie plate. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a plastic or paper bag. Add turkey slices to bag one at a time; shake to coat lightly with seasoned flour. Dip in egg mixture, letting excess drip off; roll in crumbs to coat lightly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic cloves; cook 1 minute. Push garlic to edges of skillet. Add turkey slices to skillet in batches (do not crowd) and cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Transfer turkey as it is cooked to a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining turkey, adding additional oil to pan as necessary. Discard garlic; add spaghetti sauce to same skillet. Simmer 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over turkey; top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake about 12 minutes or until turkey is hot and cheese has melted. Sprinkle with basil, if desired.
Yield: 6 Servings