- 1 Cup Fine Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2/3 lb. Ground Pork
- 1 lb Ground Chuck
- 12 oz. Mom's Pasta Sauce (Can Be Purchased at Central Market)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, soak bread crumbs in milk. Beat the eggs lightly with a fork. Add the beef, pork, eggs, 4 oz. pasta sauce, salt, pepper and parsley. Mix thoroughly with hands and pack into a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour, drain, then top with 4 oz of the remaining pasta sauce. Return to oven until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 155 degrees, about 10-12 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Heat any leftover sauce and serve on the side.