The Coquito, Puerto Rico's traditional drink that is taken during Christmas. It is delicious very cold, and you can also pour it over ice.
- 3 Cans Evaporated Milk
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Can "Coco Lopez" - Or Any Brand of Sweetened Coconut Cream
- 2 Egg Yolks from Extra Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Bacardi 151 Amber Rum*
- 1/2 Cup Cognac (An Inexpensive Brand Works Perfectly)
- 3 Tbs. Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cinnamon Stalks (~2 inches)
*Try to find this rum. I used once a very good quality Venezuelan rum and the result wasn't as satisfying as the one with Bacardi.
- As this is a huge amount you should work in batches with the blender. In a very large bowl mix together all the ingredients except the cinnamon stalks.
- Barely whisk with a rubber spatula. Put into a blender and beat at medium speed for about 2 min. Put into a bottle or any covered container (I use an empty gallon size milk container). Add cinnamon stalks, close the lid and let rest overnight in the refrigerator. Or start to enjoy it, if you can’t resist the temptation.
- Makes approx. 2 quarts.
Marijoe (Maria Jose Cepa Contreras)