Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes (2 lbs) - Cut into 3/4" Dice
- 6 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion - Peeled & Cut into 1/3" Dice
- 2 Tbs Roughly Chopped Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Coarse Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add sweet potatoes, and cook until they can be easily pierced with a fork but still offer some resistance (~3-4 minutes). Drain, and rinse under cold running water. Refrigerate until completely chilled (~1 hour). Note: chilling the potatoes in the refrigerator prevents them from falling apart when they are sauteed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, and saute, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender and golden brown (~20 minutes). Transfer onions to a small bowl, and set aside.
- Pour remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil into the skilled, and place over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown (~8 minutes). Add reserved onions, and cook 2 minutes. Toss in parsley, and adjust the seasoning to taste with salt & pepper. Serve immediately.
Note: Hash browns can be served for breakfast with fried or scrambled eggs and toast.