Almond-Crusted Salmon with Capers and Lemon
- 2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Sliced Almonds
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 10-oz Salmon Filets (~1" Thick) - Each Sliced in Half Horizontally
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbs Capers
- 6 Tbs (3/4 Stick) Butter - Chilled
- 6 Lemon Slices
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 200ºF. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Place almonds in shallow baking dish. Beat eggs to blend in medium bowl. Dip salmon into eggs, turning to coat; dip salmon into almonds, turning to coat and pressing firmly so that almonds adhere. Place salmon in skillet and cook until opaque in center, turning once, about 5 minutes. Transfer salmon to rimmed baking sheet; keep warm in oven.
- Add lemon juice and capers to skillet. Increase heat to medium-high; boil until reduced slightly, 1 minute.
- Add butter whisking just until melted.
- Transfer each salmon half to plate. Top with sauce. Garnish with lemon slice and parsley.
Ruth Anne's Bon Appetit (June 2001)