Country Granddad's Eggnog
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Quart of Whipping Cream
- 8 Tbs. of Sugar
- 1/3 Tsp. Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 6 Jiggers Bourbon
- 2 Jiggers Cognac
- Separate egg whites from yolks. Cream yolk by beating them very light, putting sugar in as you beat it, as much as they will dissolve (probably about 8 tablespoons full)
- When well beaten, pour in gradually 6 jiggers of old bourbon and 2 jiggers of Hennessey cognac to "cook" the eggs, and continue to mix.
- Add 1/3 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg (about half of one nutmeg per recipe)
- Beat whipping cream until well whipped.
- Beat egg whites stiff.
- Mix cream and yolks.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Serve immediately, adding extra fresh grated nutmeg on top.
"Country" Granddad Canfield