Apple Crisp w/ Oat Topping
- 6 Apples - Peeled, Cored, and Sliced
- 2 Tbs White Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Cold Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toss apples with white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl to coat; pour into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, oats, flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a separate bowl. Use a pastry cutter or 2 forks to mash cold butter into the oats mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; spread over the apples to the edges of the baking dish. Pat the topping gently until even.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and sides are bubbling, about 40 minutes.