Overnight Steel Cut Oats
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium or large saucepan (big enough to accommodate about 4 cups of cooked oatmeal with a bit of room to spare).
- When it reaches a rolling boil, stir in the oats and salt. Boil for one minute (watching closely so it doesn't boil over).
- Remove from the heat and stir. Cover the pot and let it sit overnight, 8-12 hours.
- In the morning before serving, stir the oatmeal to recombine the oats with any residual liquid and heat over medium for 1-2 minutes until the oatmeal is heated through.
- Serve with your favorite oatmeal toppings! We love honey, cinnamon, and dried blueberries.