Mike's 4-T's BBQ Brisket
The barbeque at 4-T’s BBQ in Forney, TX is consistently on the Texas Monthly top 50 list. It as good as the barbeque at Pecan Lodge, plus the wait is a lot shorter. You do have to drive to Forney to get it, but it’s worth it! Mike Thomas the owner shared his recipe for that great brisket:
- Buy an 8-12 pound prime brisket at Costco
- Prepare using only a salt and pepper rub
- Get smoker stabilized at about 230 degrees
- Flop that baby on at 2 pm
- Cook that puppy until 6 or 8 in the morning.
- Cook until done.
- You will know when it is done when it jiggles just right
- Mike also has a really great BBQ sauce but he didn’t share that recipe.