Mostly Green Curry Veggies and Tofu
- 1-1/2 Cups Chicken/Vegetable Stock
- 1 13.5-oz Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Jasmine Rice
- 3 Tbs Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1 14-oz Container Firm Tofu - Cut into 1-1/2" to 2" pieces, patted dry
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper - Cored, Seeded & Thinly Sliced
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion - Thinly Sliced
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves - Chopped
- 1 Small Jalapeno Pepper - Cut in Half & Seeded
- 3" Piece of Fresh Ginger - Peeled & Finely Grated
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- Zest & Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Cilantro Leaves
- 3 Scallions - Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- Hot Sauce (e.g. Tobasco) - Optional
- In a sauce pot combine one cup of chicken/vegetable stock, 4-oz (1/4 cup) of the coconut milk and the jasmine rice. Bring to a simmer, cover, cook for 15-18 minutes. Turn the heat off and keep the rice covered until ready to serve.
- While the coconut jasmine rice is cooking, preheat a large non-stick skillet over high heat with with ~2 tbs of the vegetable oil. Season the tofu pieces with salt and pepper. Add the tofu pieces, spreading them evenly across the pan, and brown on all sides (about 3-4 minutes). Remove tofu to a plate and reserve.
- Add the last tablespoon of vegetable oil to the pan. Add the green bell peppers, onions, garlic, jalapenos, ginger, and broccoli florets. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes or until the veggies start to wilt. To the skillet add the remaining coconut milk and 1/2 cup chicken/vegetable stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add the tofu back to the skillet and return it to a simmer for about 2 minutes. Add the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, scallions, parsley, and frozen peas. Stir to thoroughly combine. Simmer a minute more to heat the peas, taste, and adjust the seasoning. Add more salt or some hot sauce, if you like heat. Serve over the coconut jasmine rice.
365: No Repeats