Grilled Salmon & Spinach Salad with Dill Vinaigrette
- 1 Tbs Shallots - Finely Chopped
- 3 Tbs White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1.5 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Freshly Chopped Dill
- Salt to Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Salmon Fillets (~4-5 oz Each)
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 8 Cups Spinach Leaves - Washed & Torn into Bite Sized Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Thinly Sliced Vidalia Onion (Or Other Sweet Onion)
- 1 Cucumber - Sliced or Seeded & Diced
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
For the Dill Vinaigrette
- Place the shallots, vinegar & mustard in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Continue whisking and slowly add the olive oil and dill. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Note: this can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
For the Grilled Salmon
- Spray the grill grate with nonstick cooking spray and then preheat the grill to medium-high. Season the salmon fillets with salt & pepper. Grill the salmon on both sides until it is cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillet. Note: the salmon can be grilled in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
For the Spinach Salad
- Slice the salmon into strips and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the onion slices, cucumber and half of the dill vinaigrette. Place the spinach in a separate salad bowl and toss it with the remaining vinaigrette. Arrange the salmon, onion and cucumber mixture on top.