Asian Cabbage Slaw
- 1 lb shredded veggies (your choice of cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, snow peas, broccoli slaw, brussel sprouts, etc) roughly 6-7 cups
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro ( or Italian parsley or mint) chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup, agave or honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or GF alternative like Braggs or Coconut Aminos)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced ( use a garlic press)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes or chili paste ( optional)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- roasted, crushed peanuts or cashews
- Toss slaw ingredients together in a large bowl. Add cilantro and scallions.
- Whisk Asian Slaw Dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing into slaw and toss well.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and/ or nuts.
- Salad will keep up to 3-4 days in the fridge.
- I've also used a bag of organic slaw mix from Trader Joe's for the shredded veggies
Sylvia Fountaine (Feasting at Home)