- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion - Thinly Sliced
- 2 Small Cooked Potatoes - Sliced
- 1 Small Zucchini -Sliced
- 1 Small Red Pepper - Sliced
- 6 Black Olives - Sliced
- 5-6 Spears of Asparagus (Thicker Spears Are Better)
- 1/4 Cup Grated Gruyere
- 1 Tbs Chopped Parsley (Optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 450º.
- Pour the olive oil in the baking dish (8 inch pie plate or ovenproof ceramic quiche dish) and arrange onion slices in the bottom. Bake for 5 minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- Remove baking dish from oven. The onion should be slightly cooked. Arrange the potatoes, zucchini, red pepper, olives, and asparagus on top of the onion. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Reduce oven heat to 400º.
- Mix eggs with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over the vegetables and cheese. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until the center of the omelette is set. Do not overcook. Serve in wedges either hot from the oven, at room temperature, or even cold. Do not try to keep it longer than 1 day, as the potatoes will darken.
Adapted from Entertaining by Martha Stewart (1982)