Gamelli with Ricotta & Spinach
- 1 16-oz Pckg Gemelli or Corkscrew Pasta
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves - Crushed with Side of Chef's Knife
- 2 10-oz Pckg Pre-Washed Spinach - Tough Stems Removed
- 1 15-oz Container Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Tsp Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese for Garnish
- In large saucepot, prepare pasta in boiling salted water as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring. Gradually add spinach and 2 tablespoons water; cook, stirring often, just until spinach wilts. Remove skillet from heat.
- When pasta has cooked to desired doneness, remove 1 cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta; return to saucepot. Add ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, spinach mixture, and reserved cooking water; heat over medium heat, tossing until well blended. Garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese to serve.
Preparation Time: ~25 Minutes