- 1/2 Bag Dried Lily Blooms (From China)
- 1/2 Bag Dried Wood Ear Mushrooms (Blue Swallow Brand)
- 2 units of 8-pack (bean thread) vermicelli (mung bean flour) = about 2 1/2 oz. dry or 75 grams
Place in separate bowls of hot water for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- 2 Large Carrots - Minced (Rice Size)
- 1 Bunch Green Onions - Chopped Finely
Drain and squeeze dry lily blooms, mushrooms and vermicelli. The wood ear mushrooms need to be checked for "woody", tough parts attached to mushrooms. Chop separately in food processor. Should be about the size of grain of rice. Do not over chop the ingredients.
- 2.7 lbs. Lean Ground Pork
- 12 oz. Can Whole Water Chestnuts - Minced
- 2 Eggs
- Stir All Ingredients in a Large Bowl
- Add 1/2 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 2-3 Tsp. Fish Sauce
- 1/4 - 1/2 Tsp. MSG
Mix well, refrigerate until ready to cook.
Will need packages of egg roll wrappers. Linda recommends frozen ones. We bought Spring Home brand – TYJ Spring Roll Pastry.
Fill wrapper with approx. 3 T filling. Fry in 1/2 inch of corn oil. Place in pan tip of roll down first, to help seal them. Makes about 75-80 sm-med egg rolls.
Optional - Slice jicama and carrots into small sticks. Soak in water with vinegar, salt and sugar. Add to lettuce and herbs when eating egg rolls or add to salad.