- 2 lbs White Mushrooms Chopped Fine
- 2 Cups Light Cream
- 1/2 Cups Butter Plus Extra if Needed For Melting
- 6 Tbs Flour
- 1.5 Tsp Salt (I Don't Use This Much)
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Onion Salt
- 1.5 Loaves Pepperidge Farm Thin White Sandwich Loaf
- Saute mushrooms in a few Tbs butter for 5 minutes (amount of butter depends on how much mushrooms used). Cool, add flour and blend well. Add salt. Stir in cream -- cook until thickened (stirring constantly). Add lemon juice and onion salt. Cool.
- Remove crust from bread and roll each slice with a rolling pin to flatten
- Spread mixture on bread and top with another slice. Freeze slightly.
- Cut into triangles. Melt butter. Brush top with melted butter- chill/freeze. Brush bottom with melted butter. Chill/freeze.
- Bake 375 for 15 - 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- I am not precise when I make this recipe
- I usually don't use 2 lbs of mushroom. I guess I half the recipe. I definitely buy 2 loaves of the bread though