- 1 Eggplant
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs Tahini
- 1/2 Bunch Parsley (leaves only)
- Salt & Pepper
- Pierce some holes in the skin of the eggplant (to avoid explosion) and grill over medium-high heat turning every 7 minutes, until the skin is blackened and the body is nice and soft. Total time for grilling is about 30 minutes. If you do not have a grill you can roast your eggplant in a 375 degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from the grill and let cool.
- Once the eggplant is cool enough to handle, peel away the skin and discard. Place the eggplant flesh in a colander and drain for 10 minutes. In a food processor, combine garlic, lemon juice, tahini and parsley and pulse to combine. Add the eggplant flesh. Season with salt and pepper and pulse to combine. Adjust the flavor with more Tahini or lemon juice if you prefer. If it's bitter, some sugar or honey will help. The white variety of plant is sweeter in flavor.
- Serve with toasted Pita bread.