Fish Vera Cruz
- 12 Tomatoes - Chopped
- 2 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Pinch of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Minced
- 2 Tsp Fresh Rosemary Leaves - Chopped (or 1 Tsp Dried)
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs (Optional)
- Capers (Optional)
- Cut the fish into 4 equal-size portions. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary in a bowl. Brush the mixture onto the fish.
- To grilll, arrange the fish on a grill rack or use a grill basket sprayed with olive oil cooking spray. Grill over medium-hot coals until the fish flakes easily (allow 4-6 minutes per 1/2" of thickness). If the fish is more than 1" thick, gently turn it halfway through grilling.
- To broil, spray the rack of a boiler pan with olive oil cooking spray and arrange the fish on it. Broil 4" from the heat for 4-6 minutes per 1/2" of thickness. If the fish is more than 1" thick, gently turn it halfway through boiling.
- To serve, top the fish with capers, if using, and garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.