- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 2/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tsp Cocoa
- 1 Cup flour
- 2/3 Cup Chopped Slivered Almonds
- Grease and flour a cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 325° . Combine butter, syrup and brown sugar in saucepan and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, sift cocoa and flour. Add to boiling mixture and stir well. Stir in almonds. Remove from heat.
- Dip teaspoon in a small amount of vegetable oil and drop batter onto prepared cookie sheet in quarter sized rounds, 3 - 4 inches apart. Batter will spread. Dip spoon in oil frequently.
- Bake 9 minutes or until cookie is honey brown in color. Remove cookie with spatula and wrap around dowel. Allow to cool.