Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable and Pearl Pasta Salad
- 3 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic - Finely Minced
- Fine Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Tsp Finely Chopped Fresh Chives
- 2 Tbs Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (See Preparation for Amounts)
- 8 oz Fresh Mushrooms - Halved if Large
- 2 Medium Bell Peppers or 8-10 Mini Bell Peppers, Color of Your Choice - I Use the Minis in Yellow, Orange and Red
- 1 Medium Red Onion - Peeled, Halved, Each Half Cut in Quarters
- 1 Medium Sweet Yellow Onion - Peeled, Halved, Each Half Cut in Quarters
- 2 Small Zucchini - Halved Lengthwise and Cut into 1/2" Slices
- 3 Medium Carrots - Peeled and Sliced into 1/2" Diagonal Slices
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1-1/2 Cups Pearl Pasta (Also Known As Israeli Couscous) - Cooked According to Package Directions Using Chicken Broth Instead of Water
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 2 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 Cups Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line 3 sheet pans with parchment paper or foil. Allow parchment paper/foil to extend over the edges of the pans.
- Place bell peppers, onions and zucchini on one sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir to coat veggies with oil.
- Place carrots on the second pan. Drizzle with honey and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir to coat.
- Place mushrooms on the last pan and drizzle with olive oil. Stir to coat.
- Scatter each pan with a generous pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place all three pans into preheated oven with mushrooms on the lowest rack. Roast for 10 minutes then stir each pan to redistribute vegetables. Return carrots and mushroom pans to the oven. The pan with the onions, peppers and zucchini should be done at this point. If zucchini is still not tender return it to the oven for another minute or two until tender but not mushy.
- Roast carrots another 8-10 minutes or until tender. Mushrooms will take 15-20 minutes longer and should be deep golden brown when finished.
- Combine cook couscous, roasted veggies and spinach in a large bowl.
- Leave the parchment paper or foil on one of the pans and add tomatoes. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Tilt pan several times to coat tomatoes with oil. Place in the oven for 6-7 minutes or until beginning to shrivel slightly. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Add dressing to past mixture in bowl. Stir gently to distribute. Taste, add salt and pepper if needed.
Serves: 4 as a main dish; 6-8 as a side salad