Filet Mignon with Tomato Topping
- 2 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- parsley leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce, Dijon, parsley, and garlic. Gently stir in tomatoes.
- In heavy 12-inch skillet with oven-safe handle (or with handle wrapped in double thickness of foil for roasting in oven later), heat oil over high heat until very hot. Meanwhile, sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt.
- Add steaks to hot oil in pan. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until dark brown on one side. Turn steaks over and cook 30 seconds. Place skillet in oven and roast steaks 12 minutes for medium or until desired doneness.
- Serve steaks with tomato topping. Garnish with parsley leaves.