- 1 pound Jimmy Dean sausage* (or similar packaged pork sausage)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 1/2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Saute sausage in large skillet.
- Remove sausage and pour out fat all but 2 tablespoons or enough to fry onion and rice.
- Cook onion and rice in fat until golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and sausage.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add extra water if needed
* I like to use ½ lb regular sausage and ½ lb hot sausage for extra flavor and spice.