Brie & Sausage Egg Casserole
- 6 Slices White Country Bread (Slices ~1” thick)
- 1 lb. Hot Bulk Pork Sausage - Browned, Drained
- ¾ lb. Brie Cheese - Rind Removed, Cubed
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1-½ Tbs Chopped Fresh Sage
- 1 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 Tsp Dry Mustard
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream (Used Separately)
- Trim the crusts from the bread slices and place the crusts evenly on the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Layer the bread slices, sausage, Brie and Parmesan cheese in the baking dish. Whisk 5 eggs and 2 cups whipping cream in a bowl. Add the milk, sage, seasoned salt and dry mustard and mix well. Pour over the bread layers. Chill, covered, for 8 hours.
- Whisk 2 eggs and 1 cup whipping cream in a bowl. Pour over the prepared layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until the center is set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- You may substitute half-and-half for the whipping cream if desired.
- I used half-and-half for the 2 cups whipping cream. I set casserole out for approximately 1 hour before baking. Casserole took over 1 hour to bake – approximately 1.5 hours.
- Yields 8-10 servings