- 4 Tbs Butter
- 2 Tbs Flour
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 Cup Chicken or Turkey Broth (Homemade or Purchased)
- Zest From 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Tsp White Pepper
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Mace
- 1/2 Pound Fresh Mushrooms - Sliced
- 3 Cups Diced Cooked Turkey
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and golden. Combine cream and broth. Stir gradually into flour mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Stir in lemon zest, pepper and mace.
- Remove from burner. In a skillet, cook mushrooms in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and turkey to sauce and return to stove, cooking on the lowest possible heat, stirring frequently until heated through.
- Serve over toast, white or wild rice or hot noodles.
Adapted from Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery