- 1-1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 lb Butter (2 Sticks)
- 1/4 Tsp Cream of Tartar
- 3 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Candy Bars
- 1/2 Cup Nuts - Finely Chopped)
- Measure sugar, butter, and cream of tartar into an iron skillet.
- Heat over medium flame, stirring constantly until sugar is melted and mixture begins to show brown streaks (approximately 8 to 10 minutes).
- Pour onto a buttered cookie sheet or foil. Immediately lay bars of chocolate on hot candy; spread as they melt.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top of the chocolate and press gently so they will cling.
- When candy is cool, break into pieces with knife handle.