Dottie's Cheese Squares
- 2 Small Loaves Thin Sliced White Bread
- 2 1/2 Sticks Butter
- 3 5-oz. Jars Old English Cheese Spread
- 3/4 Tsp. Tobasco
- 1 1/4 Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 Tsp. Beau Monde
- 1 1/3 Tsp. Dill Weed
- 3 Tsp. Grated Onion
- Group bread into stacks of three. Trim crusts. Mix together the remaining ingredients. Begin by placing one slice of bread on cookie sheet. Frost the top of the slice with the cheese mixture, then repeat the procedure with two more slices of bread. Cut the stack into fours, then frost each square like a petit four. Continue this procedure until all of the bread is frosted. Place cookie sheet into freezer. As soon as the squares are frozen remove from cookie sheet and place in a Ziploc bag. Return to freezer until ready to bake and serve.
- Bake frozen in a 400° oven until browned, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
Dottie Groth (Decenber 1999)