Chopped Italian Antipasti Salad
- 4 Cups Coarsely Diced Inner Romaine Lettuce Leaves, Crisped
- 2 Cups Coarsely Sliced Baby Arugula Leaves, Crisped
- 2/3 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 2/3 Cup Diced Genoa Salami
- 2/3 Cup Diced Provolone Cheese
- 2/3 Cup Diced Tomoto
- 1/2 Cup Coarsely Sliced Basil Leaves
- Cured Black Olives (Optional)
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts (Optional)
- Pepperoncini (Optional)
- Capers (Optional)
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Grated Parmigiano / Reggiano
- Put romaine, arugula, red onion, salami, cheese, tomato and basil in large bowl. Add black olives, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini and capers, if using. Cover with lightly dampened paper towel; keep refrigerated until ready to use, up to 4 hours.
- Combine olive oil, both vinegars, garlic, salt and pepper in small dish. Can be kept at room temperature 3 hours.
- To serve, pour dressing over salad. Toss several times.
Dallas Morning News (May 2002)