Blueberry (Blackberry) Frozen Yogurt Pie
- 2 Cups Vanilla Wafer Cookie Crumbs
- 1 Cup Ground Hazelnuts
- 3/4 Cup Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter - Melted
- 2-1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Blueberries (or Blackberries)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 8-oz Packages Cream Cheese - Softened
- 3/4 Cup Confectioners' Sugar - Divided
- 1 16-oz Container Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1. Spray a 10 - inch spring-form pan with baking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper, and spray again; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs, hazelnuts, and brown sugar. Add melted butter, and stir to combine. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan; place in freezer.
3. In the work bowl of a food processor, combine blueberries and sugar; pulse until smooth. (I strain the juice)
4. In a separate large bowl, and using a mixer at high speed, beat cream cheese until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and yogurt, and beat until smooth. Add blueberry mixture to yogurt mixture, beating to combine.
5. In a large bowl, beat cream with remaining 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Add whipped cream to blueberry mixture, and beat until mixture is smooth. Spoon mixture into prepared crust, and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Garnish with blueberries. Pie can be stored, in freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
From Victoria Magazine