Spice Rubbed Chicken Fingers
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro Step
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Sprig
- 1/4 Cup Almonds - Silvered and Blanched
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Serrano Chili Pepper - Seeded
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbs Lime Juice
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Water
- Coat a grill rack or broiler pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat grill or broiler.
- In a cup, combine chili powder, cumin, and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Cut two 1/2" deep slashes in each side of the chicken tenders. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken, pressing into the slits. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine cilantro, parsley, almonds, garlic, chile pepper, and 1/8 tsp salt. Process until chopped. While processor is running, add lime juice and oil through the feed tube, stopping the machine once or twice to scrape down the sides of the container, until the sauce is smooth. Pour the sauce into a bowl, stir in the water, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
- Place the chicken on the prepared rack. Grill or broil 6" from heat, turning several times, for 15 minutes (or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the meat registers 170 degrees F and juices run clear.
- Serve with sauce.
The South Beach Diet