Potato Carrot Soup
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil or Butter
- 1 lb Carrots - Peeled and Cut into Small Pieces (Bite-Sized Pieces)
- 1 Yellow Onion - Peeled and Thinly Sliced
- 2 lbs Potatoes - Peeled and Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic - Minced Fine
- 1-1/2 Quarts Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 1 Medium Bunch Chives - Chopped Fine
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- 1 Cup Low-Fat Sour Cream
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 23 Tbs Chopped Fresh Dill
- In a large soup pot, over medium-low heat, cook the carrots, onions and potatoes in olive oil or butter until soft. Add the garlic and the broth. Simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove from stove and in batches, puree the soup in a food processor. Pour soup back into pot. Add the chives, and season generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, paprika and dill. Ladle the soup in bowls, and garnish with the sour-cream mixture.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes