Cauliflower with Mustard-Lemon Butter
- 1 Small Head of Cauliflower (~1.75 lbs)
- 1 Tsp Coarse Kosher Salt
- 6 Tbs (3/4 Stick) Butter
- 2 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1.5 Tsp Finely Grated Lemon Peel
- 1 Tbs Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter rimmed baking sheet. Cut cauliflower in half, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices in single layer on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with salt. Roast until cauliflower is slightly softened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in lemon juice, mustard, and lemon peel.
- Spoon mustard-lemon butter evenly over cauliflower and roast until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes longer. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. If desired, rewarm in 350°F oven until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower to platter. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.
This original take on cauliflower (the florets are thinly sliced) is equally good at room temperature.
Yield: 6 Servings